Distribuir contenido

News Age

91 respuestas [Último envío]
Sirlazurus
Imagen de Sirlazurus
Desconectado/a
se unió: Feb 16 2010

Nice picturer u got there Lunale

The Exelency of Desteny is Uru  and Discovery.

MY KI :   959586

Polgara
Imagen de Polgara
Desconectado/a
Magazine teamTranslatorMessenger
se unió: Abr 24 2010

Well - that IS a table now with you at its side. But the main thing for a temporary office / coffee corner / meeting place is already there - the coffe machine. Good choice :)
I´ve tried to show a bit what I think it might look like. The gome logo at the wall, maybe some pictures, drawings at the walls, small tables (chairs are missing), magazins on the table, someting to drink / eat, for an office some paper would have to be there...., perhaps standing tables to meet at...

example

Lunanne
Imagen de Lunanne
Desconectado/a
Rel.to MaintainerMagazine moderatorMagazine teamTranslatorMessenger
se unió: Ene 17 2010

Any other thoughts on this? I would like to push a version as it was , with newspaper(volume 2 so I'll be waiting until that one is out) and hangings. I can add more stuff later but I don't really have a lot of time currently. Next version will be in the summer holiday >.>

Lyrositor
Imagen de Lyrositor
Desconectado/a
WebmasterTranslatorUru2U TeamMessenger
se unió: Mar 2 2012

A ghastly moan emanates from this forum as this thread is brought back from the dead!

Well, now we've got open-source Shards and clients just waiting to recieve new content, so might as well start thinking once more (even though it's been more than a year).

I think it would indeed be a good idea to have a GoMe Age. It would serve as the Guild Hall, and could have the following features:

• Newspaper distribution stand,
  • Imager downloading news RSS feed (it could happen!),
  • Comfortable chairs for sitting around,
  • Library (Guild Books),
  • Windows opening into the Void,
  • And other ideas suggested in this thread.

In addition, each Messenger could have his tiny Age for himself, with bed, table, computer, etc. Everything he needs to report to his Guild. Owning an actual Shard would give complete control over all of this.

Only problem I see is nobody seems to have the time/skills to do this... yet. One can always hope. At least we could draw up some concept art, if we feel like it.

Signature

Nev'yn
Imagen de Nev'yn
Desconectado/a
Forum moderatorMagazine teamCavern CrierMessenger
se unió: Nov 15 2011

@Leo: Grazie, ma prenderò il treno successivo.

@Ly: On more serious note, this is actually a good idea in theory. Sadly, this is one of those projects which I have learned in my research on the guild's history has "fallen by the wayside". For one, this project was being lead by Kaelis, but he is not really active in the guild any longer. If you wish the revive the project, he or Luna would be the best ones to speak to about it. Or, you could choose to "turn the page", and restart it from scratch. The "private space" for each member reminded me of the X-Men Legends video game, where each character had a room decorated to their personality.

I had actually planned something similar in the Go"Me the Gopher comic. Leo's office, for instance, would have had a "primary desktop" plus multiple monitors with computer code flashing on screens behind the desk. Luna was going to have a "classic" style office. In the "central newsroom" where Doobes, AE, and myself had desks, a heek table was going to be used for holographic "situation reports". Eventually, Musica was going to have a "recording studio", and Pol the editing/layout office. Finally, Go'Me herself was going to have a desk in the copy/storage room. I think it would have been a great way to show the cavern community we weren't afraid to poke fun at ourselves, and also provide a good laugh. After all, the mis-adventures of a three foot tall gopher? The possibilities are endless!!! Ah, well...

...Wow, I really derailed this thread! Sorry, back on topic. So, my recommendation if you do restart this project, is to go for something "smaller" in scale. Try to come up with a design about the size of the Vothol Gallery on the Gehn shard. Something along the lines of a GoMe "waystation/post office". Obviously the ferry ships in Ae'gura went somewhere...So perhaps it could have a dock, "waiting area" for passengers, crates and parcels left unloaded and untouched for centuries, ect...whatever you do, please don't forget a convenient nexus terminal!

Anys, all this is just my thoughts on the matter.

| "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander |

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger
se unió: Jun 19 2008

Doobes has good AgeWriting skills

Lyrositor
Imagen de Lyrositor
Desconectado/a

@Nev'yn: Great ideas! XD Is might just think about integrating those.

@Leonardo: Indeed, he showed me a bit of sample of his work. We'll see. I've also got 3ds Max and the whole summer ahead of me so, who knows?

I won't be able to start work on it in the following weeks, though, as I'll be quite busy studying for exams. This was mostly to see if there was still interest in such a project.

Signature

Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a
Magazine moderatorMagazine teamMessenger
se unió: Ene 12 2008

If you guys go ahead with this project please make it a good one with good textures.

Lyrositor
Imagen de Lyrositor
Desconectado/a

Szark wrote:

If you guys go ahead with this project please make it a good one with good textures.

Agreed. :)

By the way, are we allowed to use Cyan's texture files or not? I'm guessing not, but you never know.

Signature

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a

They published the textures...but without any licence to use them. So...no I guess you can't unless you get personal Licence from Cyan (FCAL)

AgeExplorer
Imagen de AgeExplorer
Desconectado/a
Cavern CrierMessenger
se unió: Feb 9 2011

I wish I could devote more time to these projects. My life will be full of big changes during these next few monthes which includes but is not limited to a move to a new country for my studies. So I would need to be settled down before I could work on these projects. In addition I still haven't even finished the Age I was working on. I also need to spend more time going over 3D modeling techniques as well as information for Age building so I can refine my skills.

Doobes
Imagen de Doobes
Desconectado/a
WebmasterCouncil memberMagazine teamCavern CrierUru2U TeamMessenger
se unió: Dic 15 2010

Leonardo wrote:

They published the textures...but without any licence to use them. So...no I guess you can't unless you get personal Licence from Cyan (FCAL)

This.  AFAIK, Cyan has said that we can use textures from cavern locations if we plan to add areas there (for consistency).  But again...licensing.

If we're planning on setting this place on a new Age and not in the cavern, we could probaby just use unique textures made from scratch and avoid that altogether.

I myself have had ideas for a GoMe Guild Hall fairly recently (this one placed somewhere in the cavern but it's up for debate), but my drawings are...mediocre at best.  Perhaps a more qualified artist can sketch some stuff up?  In the meantime, I'll look into 3DS Max a bit more...unless we just want to go with Blender? :P

Lyrositor
Imagen de Lyrositor
Desconectado/a

I don't think Blender's the way to go, since PyPRP2 is far from being ready.

Signature

Doobes
Imagen de Doobes
Desconectado/a

Well, I'll see what I can learn with 3DS Max then.  If I can learn Blender to some degree, the Max should be a snap, hopefully. ;)

Doobes
Imagen de Doobes
Desconectado/a

Here's a few links to some screenshots to give you an idea of how this is progressing:

http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee26/DoobesURU/AhnoDevokahn/

http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee26/DoobesURU/News%20Age%20-%20Wayst...

They've been created in Blender (yes, I can't help myself! cheeky), but with a little effort, it sounds like I can port the objects to Max and redo the materials and textures before I do the "wiring".

Doobes
Imagen de Doobes
Desconectado/a

Bumped so I can show off a bit! cheeky I was doing some work tonight and things are starting to come together.  For reference, here's the page for development screenshots on the site: http://www.guildofmessengers.com/en/book/gome-way-station-development-sc...

The default screenshots on that page will be updated as the project progresses!

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a

Wonderful!! It's really starting to come out :D

Lyrositor
Imagen de Lyrositor
Desconectado/a

Brilliant! Now get back to work, slacker! wink

Signature

Doobes
Imagen de Doobes
Desconectado/a

Lyrositor wrote:

Well, the building of the structures themselves can continue, but as far as story goes, the real brains behind the project has...well...taken a break?  I honestly don't know.  *shrugs*

Nev'yn
Imagen de Nev'yn
Desconectado/a
Forum moderatorMagazine teamCavern CrierMessenger
se unió: Nov 15 2011

Lyrositor wrote:

@Ly: Sorry, I thought Doobes was still working away on 3-D renderings in his office. He must have snuck out when I linked over grab a soda from the DRC cafeteria. By the time I got back, he was using the Heek table to play Guilds of Conquest II: Revenge of the Maintainers(TM). Anys, I've now loaded him down with enough work to  keep him busy for a month!

Next time I'll just send Go'Me the gopher or Lyrobot over to grab the soda for me! cheeky

| "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander |

Doobes
Imagen de Doobes
Desconectado/a

Nev, I understand keeping the project on track, but are the leg irons and the armed guard outside the door really necessary? cheeky

Doobes
Imagen de Doobes
Desconectado/a

Bumped for a new part of the project: new Age Teshafee!

http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee26/DoobesURU/Teshafee/

Why is it all white, you may ask?  Except for the skydome, no textures and lightmaps yet. wink

Doobes
Imagen de Doobes
Desconectado/a

Some impressive yet comfortable seating is a must for those of us running the Guild.  Case in point, the latest addition to Teshafee:

Original design for the throne by Chraos...wherever the heck he may be these days. cheeky

Lyrositor
Imagen de Lyrositor
Desconectado/a

Better dust that other throne dug up from the basement. wink

Signature

Doobes
Imagen de Doobes
Desconectado/a

Lyrositor wrote:

Better dust that other throne dug up from the basement. wink

/me hands Ly some cleanser and a few clean rags

Good luck!  The D'ni man or woman who last used it had candy and left some stuck in the cushions and sticky fingerprints all over the armrests. XD

Probably need to add some detail to them to make them look a little more "beat up".  Plus they still need to be lightmapped too.

*cough*WORKINPROGRESS*cough*

Doobes
Imagen de Doobes
Desconectado/a

9/15 update:

Things are really starting to shape up with the GoMe outpost.  Observe:

Even "borrowed" some of the Guild Pub banners!

Ahlisendar
Imagen de Ahlisendar
Desconectado/a
Magazine teamUru2U TeamMessenger
se unió: Jun 2 2012

Nice!

naofun.blogspot.ca

Doobes
Imagen de Doobes
Desconectado/a

New screenshot of the Main Hall in Teshafee's outpost:

Shades of Kirel and the hoods. cheeky

Polgara
Imagen de Polgara
Desconectado/a
Magazine teamTranslatorMessenger
se unió: Abr 24 2010

Looks wonderful !

Lyrositor
Imagen de Lyrositor
Desconectado/a

Yum... But where's the GM Chocolate (TM)?

Signature